Saturday, August 11, 2007

New day, new church bigotry exposed.

Seriously, how the fuck do some people get off calling themselves Christians?

This article, about a how a church took back their offer to hold funeral services for a veteran when they found out he was gay, just really pisses me off.

Now, if Jesus died for everyone's sins, doesn't that mean many Christians believe that just believing saves them, despite their sins on earth? And didn't Jesus himself hang out with the "sinners" of his time? While the church doesn't need to condone anything it considers a sin, if churches turned away all of those sinners, there'd be nobody at their service.

And if they believe all sin is equal in the eyes of god, then just admitting to living a gay lifestyle can't be any worse than the person who consistently lies about their age.

It's just complete nonsense in my eyes. Lets make up a club that celebrates love & diversity so that we can exclude people we don't like! Yayy!

3 Comments:

Blogger DreamChild said...

I'm a Christian. And, as I believe we are one in Christ, I would like to apologise for the way we make you feel. I would like to apologise for all the times when I have gone against what my God told me to do, and have ignored the cries of the poor and the hungry, the broken and the lonely, the people who just need a friend to talk to.
I apologise for going against God's commandment to love everyone, when I have excluded people because they are different from me, or because I do'nt like their family or background.
I also apologise for what happened years before I was born, and Christians from Europe went up South America murdering people in the name of Jesus.
I apologise for the pompous po-faced people who look down on others for the way they look.
And I would like to say, now tht I have apologised, that Jesus loves you, and cares for you, and even if you don't believe in Him, talk to Him. It's fun.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Gregory Lynn said...

Even more proof that those megachurch fundies don't give a rats ass about people.

4:16 PM  
Blogger new.atheist said...

Dreamchild, why would you feel the need to apologize for those christians I don't like? I wouldn't venture to apologize for other atheists. I'd just say; we're not all alike.

And, when I was little, I did talk to Jesus... he never talked back, and eventually, I realized I was the only one who could make my life better; praying to my imaginary friend wasn't helping anything.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home