Thursday, November 30, 2006

A look into what them Scientologists do

I've been a bit fascinated with Scientology as a religion. As a relatively new religion, it's interesting to see how it is spreading & growing. If this is what they really go through, how is Scientology attractive to anyone? (I can't get the google videos to clip right into my blog... I'll have to figure out what's wrong with that.)

These drills are supposed to be for communicating with people, but it would seem to me rehearsing communication would tend to make any communication in-authentic.

I'd never want to join a club that would put me through these kinds of drills. Especially because there is no rationale behind any of it. It reminds me of busy-work, but with more of a goal of breaking down one's personality. I got bored just watching this! I can't imagine actually experiencing these trials. I'd quit pretty damn fast.

I dunno how Scientology got to be a religion, I guess it's just because they believe some crazy supernatural things, and enough people joined to bump it above cult status. Their orientation video doesn't provide me with any desire to become a member of their craziness. As far as I can tell, it's just a system for selling crap books... there are plenty of Christian "churches" who are more than happy to sell you their crap books/materials as well. I'm very wary of any group (religious or otherwise) that, in order to join/move up the ladder, has me buy their crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home