Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Views on Buddhism?

There was a post on a Christian blog that caught my attention a week ago, and I've since been having an interesting back & forth in the comments:

http://seelifedifferently.blogspot.com/2006/10/whats-wrong-with-buddhism.html


I try my best not to pick a fight, but I'm worried I come off that way sometimes, and sometimes it's too damn tempting. I really do want to understand where people's opinions about their own religion and other religions come from.

It's interesting how much movies & pop culture affect peoples opinions, especially people who don't open themselves up to different ways of thought. Not taking the time to educate one's self is a big mistake made by believers & non-believers alike. Not that any of us have time to read everything on every subject, but I feel it's an obligation to ourselves to answer our own questions as honestly as possible, even if the truth is painful or goes against what we've been taught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home