Saturday, December 16, 2006

I love PBS

I grew up attending church on a weekly basis, and attending catholic school as a child. My father was very into having me grow up a good catholic.

But my mother was a science teacher. Many nights, I would curl up beside her on the couch and watch PBS specials, Nova, Scientific American Frontiers, Nature, and the like. Our coffee table was piled high with Nature, Discover, National Geographic, and Scientific American.

With a foot in both the religious supernatural, and the scientific quest for the way the natural world works, it didn't take me long to internally question faith. I began to need to rationalize the Bible (the flood story was probably derived from Gilgamesh, Jesus probably didn't raise from the dead but most probably his body was stolen, etc.).

To this day, specials from the BBC & PBS fascinate me and spur on my desire to learn. And so, I present you with a wonderful special on M theory, as found on Youtube.











(ETA: Ooops... I posted #5 twice...)

1 Comments:

Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

The 2 last videos are the same one. Aparts from that, the videos are extremely interesting. Thank you for posting them.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home