Thursday, February 22, 2007

Back to hell...

I saw this today... couldn't resist sharing.



The idea of an actual physical hell never really stuck with me as a kid. Early on I assumed that people though hell was below the earth, full of burning & fire, basically from observation of volcanoes.

I did get the idea of hell being more or less the absence of love, this makes much more sense than hell being some kind of physical reality. I always did like the idea that our souls are like droplets of rain, to be collected in a puddle, and recycled back into the atmosphere only to fall as rain again, no droplet ever containing all the same molecules ever again. I could envision hell as a puddle where all the bad parts of souls wound up. I'm sure we all ponder reincarnation, either as a wishful thinking, or perhaps based on those stories we hear of little children recalling events from past lives (the video does give me the willies a bit).

I do wish that there is more to our existence than what we are able to perceive during life, but I still don't think that means there has to be a god up there running the show.

1 Comments:

Blogger beepbeepitsme said...

Rowan ATkinson is a funny guy. I also like the one he does about the nativity scene too, in his character of Mr Bean.

Mr. Bean - Nativity Scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42HCxcjIRE

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home