Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Evangelical Africans don't want to see Turkana Boy

Despite CNN being on my "bad media" list (oh wait... most of TV news is on that list... how about that...) I bring you their story of Evangelical Africans protesting a display of the skeleton of a hominid boy who died 1.6 million years ago.

Turkana boy, as the skeleton has been named, is obviously in direct conflict with the story of creation in the bible, and that mankind must have been created not much longer than 6000 years ago.

I'm really still confused why, aside from the whole bible thing, Evangelicals keep protesting evolution by stating that they "aren't descended from monkeys." Apparently, telling someone that several million years back in their heritage line one would find other species of animals is the worst offense ever. I just don't understand why this is so offensive... perhaps it's just in the implication that humans aren't special. I mean, there's 6 billion of us on the planet, even if humans as a species were special, it takes a heck of a lot of effort for any one of us to really be special.

Generally speaking; you're not special. Get used to it. I mean, I'm only special because I have my own blog...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home